Sunday, July 10, 2011

Oatmeal and Honey Facial Scrub (Or Mask)

So as I've said in the previous post, I'm trying a new treatment to get rid of my acne. It calls for an oatmeal and honey scrub and while there are a lot of online recipes, they unfortunately either had no measurements at all, weird measurements (one cup of oatmeal to two tablespoons honey? For serious?), or other ingredients and cooking. I decided to make an oatmeal honey scrub of my own:

Ingredients:
Honey
Oatmeal (not instant or flavored)
Water
A very small water tight lidded container

So what I did was I filled a small plastic container I had (think like an individual dip container) and filled it almost to the top with oatmeal. Then I added enough tap water to saturate it (maybe a little on the runnier side). I then added a tablespoon of honey and stirred that in. It's best to take the honey off of the tablespoon yourself after stirring a bit as it will stay there for basically ever. I then put on the lid tightly and gave it a good shake. And voila! Oatmeal and honey facial scrub. To use, just scoop some out with your hand and rub it all over your face (make sure your hair is tied back or you might get oatmeal bits in your hair...). Rub it in a bit, then rinse with cold water and pat dry. If you wanted to use it as a mask you could leave it on for a while. I'm thinking you can store this with the lid on tight somewhere cool and dark like under a bathroom sink and use it till it's gone. Store in the fridge if you can just to be safe.

I found this worked very well. It was almost slimy from the oatmeal doing it's thing in the water but it felt nice. I suggest using a face cloth to aid in the rinsing.

Hope you enjoy this recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment